Sunday, November 9, 2014

A New England Narrative: Pratt & Whitney Family Thrives on Competition, Speed

On my first week of my first television job at my first television station, I remember my news director telling me that every story I produce, write, shoot, and edit should ultimately be about people.

Zoning meeting?  Find a character that is impacted by a big decision.  Dangerous storm on the horizon?  Find a character getting ready to protect all that he or she owns.  Black Friday shopping?  Find a memorable character that is doing something different than the rest of the masses.

The advice I received sixteen years ago still holds true today for the stories I produce, write, shoot, and edit for clients.  I met two great characters recently at Pratt & Whitney.  (And let me tell you, I've quickly learned that aerospace is full of great stories.)  Mike Schmidt, and, um, Mike Schmidt, are a father and son duo who both work for the aeronautical giant, and have a very interesting hobby.

It's a pastime that involves engines...and speed.  (It makes sense they work for a jet engine maker!)


No comments:

Post a Comment